Working on behalf of our Kildare based client, they are looking for a Health and Safety Co-ordinator to join their team.
As a H&S Co-ordinator , you will play a crucial role in ensuring the Health and Safety of all employees and visitors. You will work closely with management and employees to implement and maintain safety protocols, monitor compliance with regulations, and promote a culture of safety within the organisation. The core duties will include but, not limited to:
Promote a strong health and safety culture within the workplace through a robust near miss and hazard reporting system.
- Manage and monitor reporting system with continual involvement and communication with EHS manager and other department representatives.
- Manage the audit programme on the site, conduct safety inspections on a regular basis, prepare reports, implement corrective and preventative measures, and liaise with key department representatives to facilitate close out on items highlighted.
- Assist the EHS manager in preparing for external compliance audits.
- Identify and schedule new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time. Develop and distribute health and safety communications, such as toolbox talks and safety alerts to proactively strive for continual improvement.
- Maintain the training matrix to ensure that all training is correctly documented and recorded.
- Manage arrangements for emergency preparedness across the site in relation to areas including fire safety, chemical safety, and work-related vehicles.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Regularly review and update company risk assessments, safe operating procedures, work instructions, and the company safety statement
- Support the engineering department in overseeing the contractor management programme for the site.
- Deliver training on contractor requirements to all contractor managers, update contractor information and audit approved contractors and their activities.
- Review relevant safety documentation to ensure compliance with site and legal requirements.
- Update daily safety management statistics for the senior management team to highlight opportunities for improvement and current trends.
- 3rd level Degree in Health and Safety
- Preferably 1-2 years manufacturing experience
- Manual Handling Instructor
- Train the Trainer
- Occupational First Aider
- Good communication skills to explain safety procedures and regulations clearly and concisely to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Proficient in computer applications and MS Office
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Excellent administrative and literacy skills for compiling and producing reports
- Good attention to detail
- Firmness and the ability to consult with departmental mangers to enforce the law where necessary