Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting activities, you will be team oriented, have an eye for detail and the ability to implement systems improvements / internal controls where you see fit. Reporting to the Financial Controller, your core duties will include but, not limited to:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly accounts and variance analysis.
- Up to date and accurate maintenance of the General Ledger and all accounting records.
- Control spending on capital expenditure projects and tracking to budget and reporting of same.
- Preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Wages and salaries processing
- Management and control of overheads and indirect costs
- Ensure all statutory returns filed in a timely manner e.g., P30, VAT, Intrastat etc.
- Ensure SOX compliance in the course of performing duties.
- Assist in preparing business plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Assist in annual audit process.
- Develop opportunities for improvements in efficiency and internal controls throughout the business.
- Develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co- workers, supervisors, managers, clients, and others in contact with on the job.
The Person:The ideal candidate will have.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) with at least 4 years relevant experience.
- Previous experience in the preparation of consolidated accounts in a multicurrency environment.
- Well-developed analytical and communication skills.
- Maturity to function with limited supervision and earn respect of senior line managers.
- Strong Computer Skills and knowledge of accounting ERP software; Microsoft Business Central an advantage
- integrity and professionalism to the highest standard.
- A self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative
An exciting opportunity with an excellent, dynamic organisation. A competitive package on offer whilst also giving the opportunity of a hybrid working model.