Job type: Contract
Job terms: Full-time
Location: Kildare, Ireland
The software developer will be responsible for handling all aspects related to the provision of software solutions for Project Polaris, a software development project which will complete the phased re-development of the operating system. Reporting to the Business Applications Manager, the role will include design and development of architectural frameworks, from development using best practice in ASP.NET using C#, introducing new development frameworks in the .Net technology stack. The role includes ensuring that software systems are optimized for performance, and that the integrity and security is maintained to high standards, using industry best practice. Other responsibilities may include documenting technical specifications and production of automated testing scripts.
- To keep up to date with best practice in Applications Development specifically Microsoft technologies using ASP.Net frameworks with C# as the development language and SQL Server as the database management system.
- To apply a range of technical competence to all assigned work in terms of:
- C#, ASP.NET Technology stack, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL
- XML and integration technologies, for example SSIS
- Support of & maintenance of Windows Web Server 2016+ /IIS8/8.5 and database design in terms of relational modelling
- To undertake specific application assignments and deliver theses in accordance the software development lifecycle project management best practice
- Can write technical specifications – translating user requirements
- Support, advise, clarify requirements, and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Support all other IT members as and when required to meet the project’s quality and service objectives.
- Keep abreast of best practices & appropriately network to broaden self-experience to be of business benefit - driving continuous improvement in our software development.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of commercial experience as a Software Engineer building and delivering scalable solutions using C# .NET
- Database experience using Microsoft SQL Server and Entity Framework.
- Experience with Telerik Kendo framework would be hugely beneficial.
- Strong troubleshooting (debugging) and performance tuning skills.
- Experienced developer: your code is maintainable, elegant, and testable.
- Solid understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and computer science foundations.
- Exposure to & understanding of SOA-Service Oriented architecture.
- Pursues with energy, drive.
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative to generate effective solutions.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills; ability to learn quickly and clarify poorly defined problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification.
- ASP.NET Core and MVC Frameworks knowledge.
- REST (HTTP, JSON) APIs with .NET and C# experience.
- Responsive frameworks (such as Bootstrap, Foundation etc.).
- Experience using Git.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps.