IMR Currently Recruiting CFO To Join Their Leadership Team
Irish Manufacturing Research is looking to recruit an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join their leadership team.
Do you have a demonstrated track record of creating and delivering financial strategies that have driven aggressive growth plans in an SME or a not for profit business environment?
Irish Manufacturing Research is a leading Research and Technology Organisation providing a portfolio of research and training services to industry. As a Digital Innovation Hub, IMR acts as a one-stop-shop for Irish Industry to access technology, R&D capability, knowledge, funding supports and services from across the research ecosystem in Ireland and Europe. Our primary objective is to work with Irish industrial partners to introduce new technology to them that will improve their competitiveness on a global stage and futureproof employment security in this critical sector for our national economy.
IMR offers technological expertise in four core thematic areas: Digitisation; Automation and Advanced Control; Additive manufacturing and design; Sustainable manufacturing. In a highly qualified research-based organisation, the team’s profiles range across software, data analytics, robotics, electronics engineering and environmental science.
Applications are now invited for the position of Chief Financial Officer.
What IMR offer:
• An opportunity to contribute to the national economic growth agenda
• A competitive salary and pension
• A friendly working environment in a state-of-the-art Innovation Centre
• Lots of diversity in terms of people, technology, projects and ideas.
• The opportunity to join a dynamic and committed management team
• Interaction with a diverse range of industrial clients and state partners
You will be responsible for maintaining the financial well-being of IMR as it continues on its planned growth path by working with the leadership team in its development of growth plans that can be sustainably funded within the resources available to the company, and where shortfalls exist, providing the financial analysis necessary to support the case for growth capital; interacting with major funding stakeholders to ensure IMR can continue to effectively scale in-line with its charter and the demands of the manufacturing base in Ireland; and, providing financial projections and ensuring all the necessary, high quality management and financial accounting services are always available. This role would ideally suit a person with significant experience and whose desire is to impart their wisdom onto a highly motivated and developing team.
Chief Financial Officer Job Responsibilities:
The jobholder will have a proven and demonstrated track record in contributing to the articulation of research-driven growth strategies at board level in a medium-sized company or larger, and will be sufficiently well networked to support the execution of these strategies in the Irish industrial ecosystem. He / she will:
• work with the leadership team, providing the key functional expertise in finance to the development and execution of company strategy, bringing to the table all funding opportunities available to a not for profit CLG research organization;
• provide leadership in coaching and mentoring the Finance Department staff to develop organizational strength, to deliver the breakthrough financial systems in particular forecasts for an organization the type of IMR, to help guide the delivery of the tools to enable this success
• become a key member of the senior executive team and use your business intuition, experience and network to help the team ensure that IMR is successful as it transitions and grows
• provide financial leadership and support the Finance team in their interactions with major funding providers to ensure timely grant claims and payments, full reconciliation of payments and full transparency and understanding of all financial processes involved between IMR and funding providers;
• in partnership with the COO, maintain overall responsibility for all compliance aspects of European competitive funded research project requirements undertaken by IMR;
• develop and communicate financial health and the financial aspects of strategic growth plans to the IMR board;
• exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills validated by cultivating the performance, output and advancement of the highly skilled existing Finance team as well as the engagement with the current leadership team members, board of directors, investors and state agencies etc.;
• demonstrate individual skills to share structured data in a format that is of assistance for reporting and compliance as well as strategy development and decision making;
• take on the leadership for all aspects of measurement and presentation of IMR’s financial performance and prediction analysis of results, identification of possible corrective action options that might be taken by the organisation, minimizing the impact of variances (current actual vs prior forecast) and deliver systematic approaches to this delivery while upskilling the Finance team;
• ensure compliance with executive, all relevant government policies and have the ability to influence and establish the new status quo for the companies funding model;
• lead the optimization of IMR financial systems and processes to drive productivity of the Finance Department in IMR and ensure compliance with state grant funding requirements through regular interaction with Enterprise Ireland and the IDA;
• have the experience and respect based on a reputation of delivery to influence and bring funding agencies along with your financial strategy;
• Professional Accounting Qualification: CPA, ACCA, ACA, or equivalent
• Minimum 25 years’ post qualification experience
• Relevant post qualification experience working as a senior finance director or divisional finance director
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 20th of July at 12 noon. Please send all applications to include an up to date version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.