Acting on behalf of our client based in Kildare, we are currently seeking a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their team. In this pivotal role, you will be instrumental in ensuring the health and safety of all employees and visitors. Working closely with management and staff, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining safety protocols, ensuring regulatory compliance, and fostering a safety-centric culture within the organization. Core responsibilities include:
- Foster a robust health and safety culture through an effective near miss and hazard reporting system.
- Manage and monitor the reporting system, maintaining continuous communication with the EHS manager and other department representatives.
- Oversee the audit program on-site, conducting regular safety inspections, generating reports, implementing corrective and preventive measures, and collaborating with key department representatives for prompt issue resolution.
- Assist the EHS manager in preparing for external compliance audits.
- Identify and schedule safety-related training requirements, ensuring timely review and delivery of mandatory training. Develop and distribute health and safety communications, such as toolbox talks and safety alerts, to actively pursue continuous improvement.
- Maintain the training matrix to ensure accurate documentation and recording of all training.
- Manage emergency preparedness arrangements across the site, covering areas such as fire safety, chemical safety, and work-related vehicles.
- Investigate, record, and report accidents, incidents, and near-misses promptly, ensuring swift implementation of corrective actions.
- Regularly review and update company risk assessments, safe operating procedures, work instructions, and the company safety statement.
- Support the engineering department in overseeing the contractor management program for the site. Deliver training on contractor requirements, update contractor information, and audit approved contractors and their activities.
- Review relevant safety documentation to ensure compliance with site and legal requirements.
- Update daily safety management statistics for the senior management team to highlight opportunities for improvement and current trends.
- 3rd level Degree in Health and Safety.
- Preferably 1-2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Manual Handling Instructor.
- Train the Trainer certification.
- Occupational First Aider.
- Strong communication skills to articulate safety procedures and regulations clearly to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient in computer applications and MS Office.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent administrative and literacy skills for compiling and producing reports.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Firmness and the ability to consult with departmental managers to enforce the law when necessary.