In this role you will work closely with the application teams to develop, modify, and support our business applications & systems.
The software developer will be responsible for handling all aspects related to the provision and maintenance of software solutions.
Reporting to the Business Applications Manager, the role will include C# ASP.NET Core development using best practice, taking technical responsibility for maintaining & supporting existing business applications & systems, working on own initiative to find optimum solutions. The role includes ensuring that software systems are optimised for performance, and that the integrity and security is maintained to high standards, using industry best practice.
· To keep up to date with best practice in Applications Development specifically Microsoft technologies using ASP.Net frameworks with C# as the development language and SQL Server as the database management system.
· To apply a range of technical competence to all assigned work in terms of:
· C#, ASP.NET Technology stack (.NET CORE, MVC), Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL
· ASP.NET Core web application development
· Web Content Management System (CMS) application development
· To undertake specific application assignments and deliver theses in accordance the software development lifecycle project management best practice.
· Provide support for complex & critical business applications specifically the CMS web applications, deal with issues as they arise.
· Use technical and functional specifications to translate user requirements.
· Support, advise, clarify requirements, and collaborate with internal customers on development projects.
· Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
· Support all other IT members as and when required to meet the department’s quality and service objectives.
· Keep abreast of best practices & appropriately network to broaden self-experience to be of business benefit - driving continuous improvement in our IT and Service delivery.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline is essential
· 1 – 2 years of commercial experience as a software developer building application solutions using C# .NET
· Solid understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and computer science foundations
· Experienced developer: your code is maintainable, elegant, and testable.
· Pursues with energy, drive.
· Ability to problem solve and use initiative to generate effective solutions.
· Strong analytic and problem-solving skills; ability to learn quickly and clarify poorly defined problems.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong client-facing skills are a must for this role where technical support is required.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification.
· ASP.NET Core and MVC Frameworks knowledge.
· Experience with Kentico CMS development would be hugely beneficial.
· Experience with responsive frameworks (such as Bootstrap, Foundation etc.).
· Troubleshooting (debugging) and performance tuning skills
· Experience using Git.
· Knowledge of Azure DevOps
CONTACT CLARK TO APPLY
To apply for this position, fill in the form below and we will get back will get back to if you are an appropiate candidate for the role.