Role: Accounts Assistant
6-month contract with option to extend to a permanent position - Hours: Mon – Wed 8.30am – 4.15pm & Thurs 9.15am – 1.15pm
- Posting of Creditor and Debtor invoices on SAGE Line 50, dealing with queries that arise
- Customs clearance reconciliation.
- Daily/weekly/Monthly Management of purchase orders against supplier invoices and keeping price list up to date.
- Weekly/monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, credit card accounts, & creditor accounts.
- Daily/weekly reconciliations against bank and postings on SAGE Line 50.
- Preparation of accounts through SAGE Line 50 to trial balance stage.
- Credit Control & Management of Supplier and Customer accounts.
- Stock system management, pricing & management of product price margins & price list.
- Preparation of bi-monthly VAT returns.
- Uploading, preparation and management of Subcontractors on ROS.
- Answering the phone to clients’ queries, logging service calls on the CMS and update and synchronise SuperOffice and SAGE with Client information and transactions.
- Work with external accountant/auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at month-end/year-end accounts.
- A passion for accounts
- A self-starter, with the ability to work effectively both in a team and independently.
- Have strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage several priorities at one time to work to tight deadlines.
- Be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- 2 – 3 years accounts experience on creditor ledgers, bank reconciliations
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience on Sage Line 50 experience essential
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced /high level experience in Microsoft Excel essential and have the ability to use analytical data on excel.
- Experience on ROS
- Working with a great team
- Family-owned business
- Free parking
- Company events