Join the Team as a Maintenance Supervisor in Naas, Kildare!
We are delighted to be collaborating with our Naas based client in their pursuit to find the perfect person to fill this role.
Are you ready to take the lead in ensuring the heartbeat of a thriving food production company? We are seeking a dedicated Maintenance Supervisor to drive excellence. If you have a knack for keeping operations smooth and machinery humming, we want to hear from you.
Working Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday, 6am – 14:30pm Monday – Friday every 3rd week. No remote working
Purpose of the Role:
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department, resource planning, budget control, and process improvement. They ensure maintenance team productivity, cost savings, and compliance with safety standards, while managing technician recruitment and shift schedules.
- Ensure food safety, health, and safety compliance.
- Optimize technical staff and maintenance resources.
- Coordinate the maintenance team and delegate tasks.
- Ensure timely production line startups.
- Identify and resolve issues affecting line and asset performance.
- Record and manage equipment checks and follow-up actions.
- Attend department meetings and report staff issues.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement improvement projects.
- Monitor team attendance and address issues.
- Conduct minor disciplinary proceedings as necessary.
- Mentor and coach technicians.
- Implement additional duties as directed by the Group Maintenance Manager.
- Record all work in the CMMS system.
- Manage and report work statistics.
- Achieve set KPIs in collaboration with the Group Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain effective communication with the team, manager, and other departments.
- Complete Toolbox talks with the team.
- Ensure safe machine services and environmental management.
- Coordinate health and safety work lists and risk assessments.
- Issue permits to work and ensure compliance with safety systems.
- Conduct PPE audits and ensure compliance.
- Complete department works in adherence to food safety, health and safety, and regulatory standards.
- Ensure adherence to SOPs and maintain a hygienic and safe workshop.
- Ensure staff compliance with site policies on quality and safety.
- Adhere to environmental policy directives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Electrical or Mechanical trade/engineering qualified.
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of equipment.
- Supervisory or team management experience.
- Experience with preventive maintenance systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in process manufacturing, preferably in food or beverage.
- Basic computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and team management.
- Knowledge of GMP and EHS regulations, lean principles, and reliability processes.
- Effective communication at all levels.
- Success in a team environment.
- Initiative and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to influence and lead.