We're on the hunt for a visionary leader to seize a senior Sales position and drive a dynamic team of field-based sales representatives towards ambitious, record-breaking targets.
The goal is to accomplish challenging objectives and lead the agricultural business through a transformational process. If you are passionate about agriculture, possess unwavering determination, and thrive on achieving the extraordinary, this is your golden opportunity.
Reporting to the General Manager, your duties will include but, not limited to:
- Leading up the sales team of 13 Technical Sales Advisors -
- Responsible for identifying growth with new customers/areas
- Daily management of team to drive results
- Time management, customer account management and debt collection all need to be prioritised accordingly weekly and monthly
- Devising KPIs, reporting
- Weekly and monthly reporting to the General Manager
- Take input from various product/dept heads on product ranges/prices and targets and drive team to achieve them
- Close coordination with credit control to ensure team and managing debtors properly
- Manage sales and margin of each department against annual targets
- Member of senior leadership team - regular meetings, setting out strategy and direction of business
- Provide regular performance evaluations, coaching and feedback to the sales team
- Deal with this significant change management of the team and ensure we are getting the best out of everyone in accordance with company policy and targets
- Sales include a wide variety of farm inputs such as fertiliser, Agro chemicals, cereal seed, grass seeds, catch crops, ruminant animal feed, silage wrap, farming hardware, feed oats and barley and animal health.
- ERP system experience - Full ERP system in place – needs to be rolled out for use within the team
Minimum candidate requirements
- Minimum 10 years in sales management
- Experience of managing large sales team (i.e. 10+)
- Commercial awareness, sales driven and experience of sales, margin and credit control
- Extensive knowledge of the agricultural industry, products and seasonal requirements
- Experience in achieving sales related targeting and implementing change within a team