We are thrilled to announce our collaboration with a client located in Kildare as we embark on the search for a seasoned Procurement Specialist to become a valued member of a dynamic, passionate, and continually developing procurement team on a permanent basis.
The procurement division operates collaboratively across various functions and strives to provide a forward-thinking, all-encompassing, top-tier service that aligns seamlessly with industry best practices and the needs of our business.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and drive decision making whilst adhering to Public Procurement policy and law. Also, demonstrate acting as a strong collaborator and team player within the wider procurement team to deliver best in class service, solutions and procedures across the industry and organisation.
- Provide a comprehensive procurement service to all purchasers and budget holders. The successful candidate will work with multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams and give best practice advice and support to all staff involved in procurement of goods and services and works related, with particular emphasis on customer service, value for money and compliance with EU Directives, government procurement guidelines and in-house procurement policy and procedures.
- Assist with the development and implementation of procurement policy and procedures, corporate and procurement plans in agreement with Procurement & Contracts Manager
- Provision of on-going customer service, support, and expertise to colleagues in relation to:
-Compliance with EU, Government and in-house procurement rules
-Procurement best practice and value for money
-Sourcing of innovative solutions
Skills and Experience:
- A degree qualification in procurement, business or finance.
- At least 5 years' experience in applying public procurement purchasing principles to the procurement of complex, high value strategic contracts & frameworks - within the public sector or a semi-state organisation.
- Experience in procurement for capital projects (construction) would be beneficial.
- knowledge of EU Procurement Directives & a proven track record of applying them to produce commercially sustainable & fit for purpose solutions across multiple purchasing categories understanding of EU Law.
- Strong communication & influencing skills & a strong team player working collaboratively across all levels.
- Numerical/analytical skills plus ability to multi-task & work on own initiative.
- These requirements above are indicative & may be subject to change over the course of the contract.