Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for delivering an excellent customer experience and operational efficiency including the delivery of an annual sales budget. As Manager, you will be in charge of all operational activities involved in running the Experience Centre, making sure they are carried out successfully, quickly, and efficiently, and that they are delivered to a high standard, delivering a premium experience at all times for both internal and external customers.
As Manager, we want to ensure that our brand is the brand of choice for all visitors by providing a "best in class" consumer sales and brand experience through the Experience Centre.
- To develop and implement a sales strategy to deliver and exceed annual budgets for sales, units, transaction value, conversion rate and margin
- To oversee the Experience Centre (EC) team's development and make sure that succession plans are established
- Reporting on the performance of the retail store and whether it is reaching financial goals with action plans for growth
- To report all visitor activities for the EC on a monthly basis to relevant departments and develop & implement a strategy to grow footfall through activation
- To work within annual budgets – ensuring that running costs are controlled but also ensuring that a ‘best in class’ experience is had by all who use the store
- Communicating with customers, staff, the company, senior employees, employees at other stores, etc. in person, over the phone, and by email
- Ongoing relationship management with consumers, customers and partners to grow engagement with the brand and the Experience Centre facility, maximising sales and business development opportunities
- To be responsible for handling and resolving customer complaints within the EC, establishing root cause and taking necessary action to prevent future error
- Scheduling employees to cover all hours of operation in the most efficient way
- Managing the hiring, induction and training process for new employees including interviewing, recommending the best candidates, suggesting starting pay rates, and co-ordinating with other departments for training new employees
- Delegating tasks to staff such as cleaning, stocking, customer support, or working the cash register
- To ensure that the EC team are active and trained on the sales process and actively work to deliver against target.
- Train, develop and support the EC team through performance development reviews and regular team meetings to ensure that they always deliver a ‘best in class’ experience to consumers.
- To maintain the level of product knowledge team members are delivering ensuring that Product Advisors are delivering accurate and relevant information to consumers which creates our product as the ‘brand of choice’ vs our competitors
- Monitoring staff behaviour, attitude, and presentation to make sure they are a positive reflection of the retail store's values
- Any other duties assigned to you
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Confident and capable to deal with new and challenging situations and adapts to change
- Planning and organisation skills
- Direct to consumer sales experience with proven results
- Store management experience
- People management and development
- To be a proactive Manager who actively encourages best practice, introduces new training opportunities, ideas and skills and always looks to raise the standards and improve/evolve the team.
- Someone capable of managing performance to optimise individual contribution, and creating an environment where team members are developed, feel engaged in the business, and are challenged and motivated in their roles.
- A Manager that takes active steps to develop a cohesive and supportive team which is able to perform without constant supervision.
- Someone who is collaborative yet assertive in their approach to conflict resolutions and who can manage those situations with pace and effective outcomes. These skills will extend to negotiation skills where appropriate.
- Provides clarity about team and individual goals, focused around the achievement of targets and delivering success. Works with high levels of energy and pace encouraging individual accountability and keeping others motivated and on track during difficult times.
- Able to manage a demanding workload and who is able to quickly establish the key areas that need prioritisation, then execute action (and/or delegate appropriately) to ensure business delivery