Reporting to the VP of Operations, your duties will include but not limited to:
- Plan laboratory capacity and logistics to meet contractual requirements or internal demand
- Preparation and monitoring of laboratory budgets and expenses. Approve the payments of PO and forward bills to Purchasing and / or Accounts Payable Dept
- Ensure that the physical infrastructure required for optimal function of the lab is properly maintained, and report any deficiencies.
- Ensure equipment required for optimal function of the laboratory is available and properly maintained.
- Act as first point of contact for the IT department, vendors and service providers and ensure optimal functionality of all systems / databases. Address any deficiencies and put in request for the purchase of new and replacement equipment.
- Develop, implement and oversee supply inventory system .
- Ensure compliance with company’s policies and procedures relating to the protection of intellectual property and trade secrets.
- Act as first point of contact for the HR department and ensure adherance to company’s HR policies, Health and Safety procedures and other regulatory requirements.
- Involvement with the onboarding of new staff, setting up goals and performance expectations for each staff member and conducting performance reviews.
- Assist with the co-ordination of laboratory H+S training and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct periodical meetings to review production and quality numbers and issues and roll out new procedures and projects.
- Monitor and analyse quality control data to detect and correct issues as needed. Promptly report systematic issues to Global Production Manager and Director of Quality Assurance.
- Create production and quality reports as required by the customer, Global Production Manager or Executive Management.
- Track and monitor production to ensure that contractual requirements are met.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are adhered too and that all production and quality data are complete and accurate.
- Host and faciliate auditors and provide pertinent information as required. Address deficiencies and improvement opportunities described in audit reports and document all actions in written reports.
- Preform and / or co-ordinate other duties as assigned by the Global Production Manager, Quality Assurance Director, or Corporate Executive Management
- Bsc in Science or related discipline
- 5+ years experience in Laboratory with at least 2 years at Lab Supervisor OR Lab Manager level.
- Proven track record with people management
- The ability to provide technical expertise as needed;
- Strategic thinker who wants to maintain the strong positive culture in the lab
- Must be able to travel
- Must have full, clean drivers licence