The role of the Maintenance Technician will be based within the Maintenance Department delivering a high-quality maintenance service to production and the site wide facility. You will be part of a multi-disciplined team of Fitters & Electricians in ensuring all maintenance work is carried out in an effective and efficient manner. You must be Self-motivated, Enthusiastic, and able to work on own initiative.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Naas, Co Kildare
The role of the Maintenance Technician will involve working within the Maintenance Department to provide high-quality maintenance support to the production and facility areas. You will be part of a team of Fitters and Electricians, responsible for carrying out both reactive repairs and planned maintenance. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing maintenance support for the manufacturing and office facility.
- Installing and commissioning plant and equipment, as well as troubleshooting.
- Performing basic programming and diagnostic tasks for plant and equipment.
- Maximizing machinery uptime and minimizing downtime in production and utility areas.
- Executing preventive maintenance programs.
- Troubleshooting using PLC programs of various brands.
- Providing technical support for plant facilities such as compressed air and refrigeration.
- Participating in Environmental, Health and Safety, and Quality activities.
- Completing engineering work orders while adhering to cGMP standards.
- Collaborating with equipment suppliers on new equipment, installations, and modifications.
- Assisting in carrying out risk assessments and ensuring training for the Maintenance Team.
- Adhering to site policies on Quality, Health & Safety, and cleanliness.
- Reporting relevant information to the Engineering Manager promptly.
- Monitoring line and machine performance, identifying areas for improvement.
- Supporting line leaders and line support through overtime, shift cover, and callouts.
- Overseeing on-site contractors.
- Providing maintenance support for process equipment, HVAC equipment, refrigeration, and packaging equipment.
- Supporting the Engineering Department by analyzing plant downtime and implementing strategies to increase uptime.
- Keeping the Engineering Manager and other area Managers informed of significant developments.
The desired skills, qualifications, and experience for this role include:
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management and deadline adherence.
- Strong teamwork and the ability to work independently.
- Compliance with regulatory and safety standards.
- Knowledge of relevant Health, Safety, and Environmental legislation.
- Experience with safety systems, isolation procedures, risk assessment, and permit-to-work.
- Willingness to be on-call as required.
- Involvement in lean projects and process improvements.
- Understanding of food safety policies and legislation (BRC & ISO).
- A relevant third-level qualification in Engineering or time-served Electrician/Fitter with electrical/mechanical experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' maintenance experience, including planned and reactive maintenance.
- Experience with PLC/PC control systems.
- Previous experience in identifying and executing machine/line improvement projects.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity and believe you meet the qualifications, you are encouraged to email your CV to be considered for the position.INDCLA