The successful candidate will support, advise and assist all Ireland areas in relation to Health and Safety. Reporting to the Health &Safety Manager for Ireland.
Main duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Periodically review risk assessments in all areas
• Conduct new risk assessments as required
• Focus on new equipment/processes
• Investigate and report on all adverse events as they occur
• Conduct H&S audits and inspections as required including PPE audits
• Complete occupant checks on fire and emergency equipment and installations.
• Complete evacuation drills and maintain records of same.
• Provide H&S training as required
• Carry out site inductions for new employees and contractors
• Complete permits to work and review contractor method statements and risk assessments prior to work commencement
• Maintain health and safety performance records and update in a timely manner.
• Retain records of statutory inspections.
• Participate in the development of policies, procedures, and purchase specifications for PPE.
• Attend and facilitate Safety Committee meetings.
• Ensure all First Aid stations are adequately stocked
• Assess and advise on the relevant systems implications for new products/processes
• Demonstrating through Personal Behaviour that only the highest standards are acceptable.
• In conjunction with the H&S Manager ensuring continuous improvement in H&S
• Other duties as outlined by the H&S Manager
• Recognised 3rd Level Qualification in QEHS discipline
• Experience working in a production environment
• Able to manage H&S onsite using their own initiative within the scope of Safety Standards
• Ability to manage risk and implement control measures
• Able to work with and build relationships with site personnel and contractors
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence change
• Fluent in English (Written & Oral)
• Manual Handling Instructor (desirable)
• First Aider
An excellent opportunity for the right candidate. Send an application today to be considered for this role.
CONTACT CLARK TO APPLY
To apply for this position, fill in the form below and we will get back will get back to if you are an appropiate candidate for the role.