We are partnering with our client Punchestown Racecourse to recruit a Sales Executive. The purpose of this role is to develop new business opportunities for the company through the identification and attraction of new clients, up selling to existing clients, and managing existing accounts efficiently and effectively. In conjunction with the Punchestown Sales and Marketing team, the ideal candidate will be required to assist in planning and prioritising business development activities to achieve department target & KPIs.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research, identify and maximise new sales opportunities.
- Role involves contacting potential clients via cold calling & database management.
- Respond to all incoming product enquiries, referrals and leads in a timely, professional and effective manner.
- Strengthen client relationships by maintaining an up-to-date CRM system throughout the sales cycle.
- Preparation of accurate quotes and presentation of proposals.
- Management of clients through the sales cycle from initial enquiry to sale close.
- Attend meetings, regional conferences and organise regional road shows as required.
- Work towards achieving team sales KPI’s and team targets.
- Assist on key projects and administration where required.
- Involvement in hospitality functions including, venue & restaurant set up and management.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience with a proven track record in a sales & business development position.
- Experience in the hospitality industry and a third level qualification an advantage.
- Strong work ethic, works well under pressure and possess a determination to exceed sales goals.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills with proven ability to adapt communication style to reflect target audience.
- Comfortable in a target driven and measured environment.
- An energetic self-starter who is self-motivated and ambitious to succeed.
- Occasional client visits to promote Punchestown products & events.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, and committed to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills – competent in MS suite applications.
- Knowledge of CRM systems an advantage
- You will be expected to maintain a presence at events that will be outside of normal working hours.