Our Carlow based client is looking for a Legal Executive/Corporate Services Officer (Property & Legal Affairs) to join their team. Our client has a large portfolio of properties which it owns, and it enters into many property agreements. It also carries out significant procurement exercises and enters into contracts which may be complex.
The Corporate Services Officer (Property & Legal Affairs) will have specific responsibility for management of property transactions, legal aspects of contracts, advising on data protection issues and managing litigation.
With the support of external legal advisers, you will provide guidance to staff on any legal issues which arise, will manage day-to-day transactions and will maintain legal documentation and systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the legal aspects of property acquisitions, disposals, leases, licenses and other property related legal instruments.
- Review and implement property agreements or contracts and liaise with external legal advisers and other relevant parties.
- Prepare requests for the approval of management, the Authority or the Department of Agriculture for any proposed property transactions.
- Provide legal assistance in the interpretation of procurement legislation.
- Provide legal assistance in the management of claims taken against our client and general litigation.
- Provide performance reports as required on litigation and legal activity.
- Maintain legal documentation and a system for legal document management.
- Line Management responsibility for staff as assigned from time to time.
- Manage compliance with the Official Languages and Ethics acts and the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies as these relate to the Corporate Services Department.
- Actively participate in the annual business planning, risk management and Performance Management Development Systems (PMDS) processes.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department from time to time.
* This job specification is intended as a guide to the general range of duties and is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive. It will be reviewed with the post-holder from time to time.
- QQI Level 8 degree in law, business with law or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum experience of 3 years working in a legal practice or related function.
- A qualification and/or experience in property, conveyancing, procurement, litigation and/or contract law is desirable.
- Good understanding of the legal profession and legal processes.
- Good knowledge of managing legal documentation and systems.
- Effective communication skills with a strong ability to consult and collaborate in a clear, concise and persuasive manner at all levels across the organization.
- Ability to think strategically, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Excellent administration, organizational Project Management, and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to enable knowledge transfer and an ability to set clear standards and to take a quality customer service approach to work.
- Strong decision-making ability, with a proactive, solutions approach to work.