At Clark we have a wonderful opportunity for a New Product Development Chef to work with a thriving business in Naas Co. Kildare.
You will be joining a team of over 20 Food science, culinary and technology graduates to work on a full-time permanent basis.
- Leads projects to support new product launches and continuous improvement projects in line with the requirements and guidelines related to Innovation.
- Presenting to Customers both in person and from our test center using our new virtual kitchen are key requirements of this role.
- Experienced and competent in researching consumer trends, new products, brainstorming new ideas, creating, presenting & cooking new concepts for customers.
- To maintain a high awareness of industry trends in the retail & food service sectors, competitor activity, consumer requirements, market insights & the availability of new ingredients.
- Responsible for the continuous development and ownership of the culinary innovation process to agreed performance metrics. Ensuring our stage gate (Nectar) innovation process is used appropriately to deliver the agreed targets set by the business.
- Building over time a track record of success is a key deliverable both for you and your direct reports.
- Manages projects to a high standard by completing all required documentation and maintaining an up to date and accurate reports. A culinary project may include all steps from kitchen design to industrial execution ensuring structural performance, Quality, cost improvements, food safety and sensory are maintained.
- Manage the Innovation facilities according to GMP standards & Health/Safety guidelines.
- To create, manage and update SOP’s for the Innovation Kitchen and Development Procedures. Explores new kitchen technologies to support our innovative R&D platforms, through development of partnerships and support network with leading edge suppliers and culinary academic establishments.
- Works closely with S&I Technologists to design, conduct and monitor industrial trials. Evaluates, and shares outcomes to drive decisions during project development phase.
- Leading Customers presentations for the business, developing creative innovation programs for your customers (both internal & external).
- Advises and guides other S&I team members and other departments across our three sites on culinary matters related to both NPD and R&D.
Skills & Attributes
- Qualification in Culinary Arts or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of kitchen or similar related culinary experience, ideally in a similar development role or similar restaurant position.
- Candidate should be highly motivated and eager to learn with the ability to deliver kitchen recipes and concepts that strengthen and advance our reputation as Innovators.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities simultaneously.
- Troubleshooting skills are key to this role and will be called upon both to support our Customers and to help drive efficiency within our own culinary innovation process.
- Understanding of Food Safety & Quality Management systems, maintaining high standards in our development kitchens. Basic ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills. Ability to deliver presentations to cross-functional teams both internal and with our Customers.
- Ability to build constructive relationships with internal clients and outside suppliers.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Ability to distinguish colours.
- Ability to taste and distinguish flavours.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please contact Niamh Gaffney on 045 881 888 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org