At Clark we are recruiting a R&D Technologist for our client based in Naas Co. Kildare.
You will work on a full-time permanent basis with Europe’s leading B2B specialist supplier of cooked protein ingredients.
- Designs and executes experimentation/trials in addition to designing new or improved methodologies and procedures to conduct validations and testing during the Develop phase of the Innovation Process.
- Works closely with R&D Project Managers and advises on trial design, timelines, potential hurdles, and trials improvement to achieve technical advances at every trial.
- Generates and effectively communicates data. Maintains electronic databases. Documents results in R&D trial notes.
- Effectively presents data/results to R&D team to drive decisions on projects during the Develop phase.
- Evaluates new ingredients, materials, products, or processes contributing to R&D capability building.
- Develops expertise on process and analytical methodologies. Prepares and updates specifications and SOPs on new or updated R&D capabilities.
- Contributes to key R&D knowledge building and other innovation activities in the Discover phase of the R&D Innovation process.
- Works closely with S&I Technologists to transfer R&D knowledge for industrial scale-up.
- Works with cross-functional departments to drive the execution of collaborative project tasks.
- Advises and guides other team members and other departments on scientific/technical matters, as necessary.
- Maintains safe working environment by practicing and coaching in established safety procedures.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move materials or equipment up to 10kg and occasionally required to lift up to 20kg.
- Willing to travel as required.
Skills & Attributes
- Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry, or related field.
- General understanding of food applications and processing.
- Ability to apply principles of logical/scientific thinking to a wide range of problems.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard laboratory and pilot equipment and instrumentation (such as food production equipment, pH meters, balances, etc.).
- Understanding of GMP and Food Safety concepts.
If you would like to apply for this role please call Niamh Gaffney on 045 881 888 or you can email email@example.com