We are working in partnership with our Kildare based client, a leading chemical manufacturer, to recruit a Sales Director to join their successful, well established organisation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for developing growth sales strategies, implementing action plans to achieve financial targets and building strong relationships with key stakeholders. You will play a key role as you lead/manage the sales team to achieve individual and company goals.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base.
- Build and maintain strong, long lasting relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends.
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Lead and manage the sales team to accomplish their individual goals and to ensure they receive the support they need to achieve company targets.
- Create metrics for the team and report monthly/quarterly to the MD.
- Working closely with the Managing Director in the planning process for the company.
- Attending and contributing to management and strategy meetings
- Compile reports on sales figures and forecasts for senior management and shareholders.
You will have/be;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Sales Manager or Sales Director role. Candidates with less experience who are looking for the next step in their career may also be considered.
- Demonstrable experience dealing with multinationals would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in pharmaceutical, food industry or medical devices advantageous.
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing not a necessity but would be beneficial.
- Be a high performing individual with proven leadership capabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
- An excellent coach and leader who is driven by a desire to make others successful.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, ability to influence stakeholders and listening skills.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close and proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Best in class commercial, sales and business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinker and a problem solver.
- An appreciation for importance of documentation and procedures.
For a confidential conversation and to learn more about this opportunity, contact Recruitment Project Manager Edel Smyth 045 881888 or email email@example.com