We are partnering with our client to recruit for the position of Senior Buyer / Planner reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the ordering and delivery of all purchased items for the production facility based in County Kildare.
· Act as Lead buyer for steel raw materials and traded goods, including responsibility for negotiation, forecasting and replenishment.
· Raise Purchase Orders, Blanket Orders, and contracts within SAP.
· Responsible for stock accuracy and in line with forecasts and safety levels meeting budgeted targets.
· Act as Base Line Support for Materials Management module of SAP.
· Liaise with freight companies to ensure goods arrive on time and in full.
· Ensure all buying prices are agreed with Supply Chain Manager.
· Work closely with internal teams to ensure correct stocks are ordered and informing status of orders.
· Negotiate prices and meet suppliers on site when required.
· Ensure health and safety practices are adhered to at all times to include good housekeeping.
· Complete all SAP Reporting.
· Meet set KPI’s a set down by Supply Chain Manager.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Procurement.
· 3rd Level qualification in Purchasing.
· Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
· Strong organisational, planning, and strategic reporting experience.
· Ability to work on your own initiative.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Experienced in using SAP / ERP Systems and be generally confident in working with related I.T. applications.
Please contact Edel for a confidential discussion.