We are thrilled to be assisting our UK based Client in their pursuit for the perfect person to fill this position, If you're a dynamic professional with a track record of successful program management and expertise in network transitions, we invite you to apply.
Temporary contract, for an initial 6 month period
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Location: Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Working Style: Anywhere worker
You will have experience of transitioning services between providers in large organisations and expertise with WAN; LAN; SD-WAN and SASE. You will support many different aspects of the programme and will have a key understanding of the overarching processes which are used to successfully deliver.
You will assist with identifying and addressing areas to improve programme capability – this will involve managing relationships with project managers and senior leaders within Delivery and the wider Council, driving best practice and consistent standards across a variety of project delivery specialisms and methodologies.
As a leading authority in the profession, with a high degree of credibility, you will provide guidance to deliver solutions for complex functional issues. Experience of delivering highly complex programmes of change is essential to success. Capability development and expertise will be used to add value to major project or programme management, by engaging and influencing senior leaders across the Council.
- Builds effective stakeholder and partner relationships at senior level, which are influential and elicit support at senior level.
- Accountable for leading teams of people, to build professionalism and expertise through development activities.
- Accountable for developing and delivering a resourcing plan, including management of programme budget, for complex & large scale programmes to ensure delivery of outcomes.
- Responsible for overseeing risk and issue management, ensures mitigations are in place to address issues between elements of the programme, resolving these through negotiated agreement or escalating.
- Works collaboratively with customers to agree quantified realisable benefits and metrics to monitor impact. Designing and actively managing the programme plan, ensuring outcomes are achieved.
- Accountable for maintaining the overall integrity and coherence of programme & governance framework to support each project. Plan programme assurance activities and manage dependencies within the programme and across other activities in the portfolio.
- Responsible for cascading the programme vision and translating these into delivery objectives which support the Strategic Aims of the Council. Lead the programme to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership in both line and matrix management styles, to ensure successful delivery of programmes and for supporting the Portfolio Manager in leading, assuring and delivering the portfolio of work which delivers against the Strategic Aims of the Council.
- Specific targets & objectives defined annually within the performance management framework.
The kind of experience you might bring
- Experience of transitioning networks between different providers in large organisations.
- Knowledge of WAN; LAN; SD-WAN; SASE.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by extensive experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area, accredited to the level of APM Practitioner or MSP Practitioner.
- Evidence of successfully implementing major change initiatives within a range of large organisations.
- Experience of working closely with Members and senior leaders and managers to overcome resistance to change.
- Ideally experience of working within a political environment with detailed knowledge of a public sector setting & the nuances involved in being part of a complex environment.
- Experience of working with complex multi-agency partnerships and stakeholder groups.
- Exemplary leadership capability evidenced in creating a high performance culture, drawing on specialist skills and expertise effectively, bringing together diverse capabilities.
- Evidence of creativity in exploring innovative business opportunities which maximise opportunities for development of a financially sustainable service.