We are partnering with our client who are seeking to recruit a qualified Mechanical Design Engineer with CAD experience to join their team based in the Kildare area. The design engineer will have the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, be positive, driven and be able to work with minimum supervision.
Previous experience working on technically challenging applications would be an advantage. This is a very busy environment and perfect for a person requiring a challenge and who is willing to learn. This position is demanding with a large cross section of responsibilities. You will be responsible for managing projects based on customer specifications from initial conceptualisation to commissioning.
- You will act as first point of contact with customers.
- Working with the design team you will generate design drawings and specifications for customer approval, manufacture and assembly.
- Specify mechanical requirements to achieve design intent.
- Manage projects from initial concept, detailed design, assembly and testing keeping them on schedule and within budget.
- Procurement of material and components, ability to work closely and communicate clearly with suppliers.
- Ensure that all technical files, procedures and drawings are generated and documented.
- Develop complex multi-part CAD assemblies and produce detailed specification drawings for our in-house tooling department.
- Interface with production, quality, and the design engineering teams to ensure that the design and manufacturing engineering function is supporting the supply chain on an ongoing basis.
- Adjust and update CAD drawings and technical files.
- Accompanying the senior team with client presentations, project reviews and helping to maintain our high standard of customer service.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining pneumatic systems.
- Be flexible in this position and must be prepared to undertake such other work as may be assigned to you by the company from time to time.
- Write procedures and manuals.
- Provide the engineering support to efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects.
- An enquiring mind with an analytical approach to problem solving and an ability to visualise simple solutions for complex problems.
- Pneumatic and electrics knowledge.
- Working knowledge of components and tools used in maintenance and repair of mechanical systems.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team, while taking responsibility for individual tasks.
- Organised and accurate.
- Enjoys working on his/her own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & technical reporting skills.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification (Mechanical, Industrial, Production, Manufacturing.
- 1-2years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of Autodesk Inventor is essential.
- Experience in regulatory standards ISO 9001 is an advantage.