Maybe you have an interest in Freight Forwarding with experience understanding data?
Clark Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with their client, a leader in measurement instrumentation services and solutions for industrial process engineering to recruit an IT Transport Management Expert.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Job Purpose: Support the Global Logistics Operation Centre and Corporate logistics by being the expert in the Transport Management System (TMS) software. Key to this role will be understanding our transportation and warehouse business processes and how they are realised in the TMS software to enable an efficient IT infrastructure to meet the demands of a fast-paced Global Logistics Operations Center.
Responsibilities in the Role will include:
- Become a super user of the TMS, developing your understanding of the platform to ensure you can describe and document business processes for the team.
- Seek out opportunities for efficiency of current processes within the system, implementing as relevant and practical for the process and the team.
- Collaborate with colleagues to understand business challenges and find solutions through software systems.
- Through analysis of the status quo and the business challenges, develop and propose new processes and procedures to support the ongoing evolution of the TMS.
- Provide trainings and supports to colleagues in the implementation of new processes and procedures, supporting knowledge transfer and confidence for system users.
- Work with the data analytics team to understand and develop reports to measure success of business processes and identify areas to improve.
- Perform operational tasks related to the TMS: performance tuning, security, back-up, etc.
- Develop Process Flows based on business need.
- Any other duties commensurate with your skills and experience and as requested by your manager.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor in IT Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or other sciences) matched with relevant professional experience
- Alternatively strong experience in freight forwarding with a strong IT affinity and secondary education
- Proven experience of understanding data and building the bridge between IT know-how and business understanding, to transfer knowledge effectively between technical and business functions
- Proven ability to abstract and think analytically
- Experience using problem solving skills to add value to the process
- Programming experience, familiarity with SQL and some data management and analysis software
- Availability to travel internationally
Additions to note specific to the role
- Both a stable and dynamic environment offering career progression & personal development opportunities
- Very attractive compensation package (incl. employee benefits)
- Modern workplace, room for initiative & creativity
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Niamh on 045881888.