This is a full time permanent position.
As a QC Technician you will perform all in-house QC testing on incoming raw materials, raw samples and /or finished products, working with minimal supervision.
You will maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with vendors, customers, co-workers and supervisors, while achieving and enhancing performance standards.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform all functions and duties in the Laboratory operations as needed.• Select and prepare all standards for comparison with samples from production.
- Evaluate incoming raw material samples for compliance with specifications.
- Responsible for collection, review and filing of Certificates of Analysis for all raw materials.
- Responsible for documenting HACCP CCP and OPRP requirements.
- Prepare samples for outside testing as needed.
- Responsible for organising, storing, clean up and disposal of QC retained samples.
- Responsible for cleaning and calibration all QC lab instruments on a regular basis.
- Report problem areas within the QC function and recommend solutions.
- Wash all glassware; maintain clean working area and sufficient inventory of supplies in the lab.
- Must demonstrate skill in establishing and implementing QC procedures for the continuous improvement of QC department functions. Maintain accurate records on all work performed.
- Maintain and calibrate instruments regularly.
- Maintain adequate stocks of reagents and materials for the Lab.
- Responsible for the selection and use of standard samples for QC materials evaluation.
- Perform standard routine tests (Brix, pH, turbidity etc.) on products.
- Adhere to all GMPs, GLPs, safety procedures and test methods and specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Industry experience a plus
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal