This is a hybrid based position and your primary function will be to work alongside and support the Head of Finance whilst also having responsibility for key processes within the Finance department. You will be a highly-motivated, deadline-committed, goal-driven accountant with a strong business acumen and with the ability to maintain calm under pressure.
The core responsibilities will include but, are not limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day finance function
- Completing and Reviewing Management Accounts and month end process including the accurate maintenance of the Nominal Ledger and timely reconciliation of all accounts
- Performing job costing analysis
- Maintaining and improving controls over accounting processes
- Financial planning and analysis
- Completing Group Consolidations
- To manage and reconcile all intercompany accounts
- Completing UK Vat returns
- Leading the implementation of a new expense app
- Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives and various projects within the team
- Statutory Reporting & Tax Compliance
- Liaising with Auditors, Tax Advisors, Banks to ensure local tax compliance and Treasury
- To assist the Financial Controller as required.
- Professional Accounting Qualification
- Proficient in Excel , Good working knowledge of accounting software
- Job costing experience desirable
- Strong communication and relationship building skills- comfortable with dealing with individuals from different functional areas of the business
- Ability to impart knowledge and skills to other team members.
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a drive for results