Would you like to work with a well-established company that rewards their employees? If the answer is yes, keep reading!
At Clark we are recruiting an experienced Environmental Officer to work with our client on a full-time permanent basis in Naas Co. Kildare.
You will report to the Environmental Manager on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure compliance with all Environmental aspects across the site
- Collect, interpret and present key data
- Act as the secondary regulatory contact point with the EPA
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with Industrial Emissions Licence, ISO 14001, Environmental Legislation, all site standards, policies, and procedures
- Participation in root cause investigations of environmental incidents on site and employment of critical thinking to focus on associated corrective actions
- Manage and/or participate in relevant site projects ensuring that environmental aspects receive appropriate consideration and evaluation as part of plant/process changes and/or other site projects
- Liaise with third party contractors to ensure environmental compliance monitoring and lab testing is carried out as required and as per annual schedules
- Support Environmental Manager to compile relevant related sections of the PRTR and AER
- Ensure compliance with Integrity Testing Processes on site
- Plan, organise and deliver Environmental Training to employees on site
- Document, investigate and resolve complaints
- Carry out noise monitoring and odour assessments (night-time monitoring on occasion)
Your Skills & Attributes
- Attention to detail in observation and record keeping.
- Strong team working and influencing skills, and assertive as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Ability to use own initiative, and to be able to work under pressure.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and logical thought ability.
- Adaptable and flexible to the needs of the business.
You will meet the following necessary requirements
- Minimum of 2 years site-based environmental compliance experience working on an IE Licenced site.
- Hold Relevant third level education in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Strong knowledge of Environmental Legislation/Regulation and current best practice.
- Full Driving Licence and car must be available.
A great package is on offer for this role to include benefits, pension and healthcare!
If this great opportunity sounds interesting to you, please contact Niamh Gaffney on 045 881 888 or you can email your CV to email@example.com