Representing a client based in Kildare, we are actively seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Graduate to join their team. As an integral member of the EHS team, you will be tasked with performing various duties encompassing all aspects of Environment, Health, and Safety across the site. Reporting directly to the Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Cultivate a robust health and safety culture in the workplace by actively engaging in a near-miss and hazard reporting system. Maintain consistent communication with the EHS Manager and other department representatives.
- Assist in conducting safety inspections regularly, generate reports, and contribute to the implementation of corrective and preventive measures. Collaborate with key department representatives to ensure timely resolution of identified issues. Support the EHS Manager in preparing for external compliance audits.
- Coordinate and schedule safety-related training requirements, ensuring timely review and delivery of mandatory training. Contribute to the development and dissemination of health and safety communications, such as toolbox talks and safety alerts, to actively pursue continuous improvement.
- Aid in managing emergency preparedness arrangements across the site, focusing on areas such as fire safety, chemical safety, and work-related vehicles.
- Support the engineering department in overseeing the Contractor Management Programme for the site. Assist in delivering training on contractor requirements, update contractor information, and audit approved contractors and their activities.
- Review pertinent safety documentation to ensure compliance with site and legal requirements.
- Contribute to the creation of daily safety management statistics for the senior management team, highlighting opportunities for improvement and current trends.
- Coordinate environmental safety and sustainability procedures on site to ensure compliance with legal and best practice requirements.
- Update environmental metrics and collaborate with the EHS Manager on a weekly basis to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and development.
- Preferably, have college work placement experience in the field of health and safety.
- Possess a relevant degree qualification.
- Demonstrate firmness and the ability to consult with departmental managers to enforce regulations when necessary.
- Strong communication skills to articulate safety procedures and regulations.
- Proficient in computer applications and MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team player.
- Excellent administrative and literacy skills for compiling and producing reports.
- Keen attention to detail.
For further details on this role, please reach out to Katie McManmon at 045 881 888 or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.