Are you an experienced Accounts Payable Manager looking for your next career move? If so, then this is the right role for you!
Our Public Sector Client, based in Carlow, is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join their growing team. You will be reporting to the Financial Operations Manager and/or other nominated manager. Please see below the responsibilities for this role:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Manager role include:
- Direct and oversee the payment of company suppliers in compliance with contractual obligations and statutory requirements including taxation and prompt payments. Monitor compliance of supplier set-up and maintenance ensuring fraud prevention controls and checks.
- Oversee the Integra AP system including master data, new suppliers, data protection and system upgrades.
- Ensure key supplier reconciliations are performed regularly.
- Lead, manage and develop the Accounts Payable team.
- Manage the contract with our Accounts Payable external service provider including re-tendering at appropriate intervals in compliance with procurement regulations,
- Develop and maintain all requisite policy and procedure documentation and controls for Accounts Payable in line with best practice,
- Ensure tax compliance including VAT, RCT and PSWT,
- Meet the requirements of the Prompt Payment of Accounts Act to minimise company interest and compensation costs,
- Further development of the Accounts Payable processes including supplier management / controls and co-ordination / co-operation with the procurement function in Corporate Services Department, maintenance of the highest standards of internal controls, implementation of agreed audit recommendations and adoption of innovations and best practice,
- Delivery of optimum service levels through demand management and service management processes,
- Proactively engage and participate in the annual business planning and risk management processes for the Financial Operations Unit and manage the implementation of the business plan to meet organisational goals and objectives,
- Organise, co-ordinate and manage staff assigned in consultation with the Human Resources Department as appropriate. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership, support and mentoring to assigned staff.
- Helping staff to navigate through organisational change.
- Ensuring strong two-way communication with the team and promoting the development of collaborative working relationships.
- Using the Performance Management & Development System (PMDS).
- Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-company staff and co-operate with management in enabling the company to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
- Assist the company in meeting the commitments of the Customer Service Charter and Action Plan through adherence to best practice protocols.
- Take responsibility for own on-going personal and professional development.
- Support the Financial Operations Manager in projects/assignments and/or other duties that may arise from time to time.
Qualifications and experience:
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) or QQI Level 8 degree in Finance or in Business with a strong major in accounting.
Candidates must have a minimum of three years’ proven track record as a manager of a team, and preferably a team of similar size as the Companies accounts payable team.
- Detailed knowledge of best practice AP operations and processes
- Excellent people management skills
- Knowledge of tax regulations applicable in a non-commercial semi-state body including VAT, PSWT, RCT, tax clearance requirements
- Proven ability to lead and manage change and implementation of process improvements
- Proven track record in maintaining and developing procedure documentation
- Good numeracy skills, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of data protection and GDPR
- Computer literate with a high degree of proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook and finance systems
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to Rebecca@clark.ie or call 045881888