Our client, a leading multinational pharmaceutical company, are seeking to recruit an Accounting Operations Lead to join their team located in City West. You will ensure that Affiliate/Legal entity financial records are prepared in accordance with all statutory, regulatory and group reporting requirements. You will ensure that there is a strong control environment over the relevant accounting/finance processes and that relevant controls are effective and evidenced.
- Lead accounting, reporting and controlling activities, co-ordinating the activities to ensure timely and accurate financial statements.
· Support Commercial Finance Lead in projects and ad hoc requests.
· Support ERTT on tax related matters, transfer pricing, financial consolidation, audits, improving control framework.
· Oversee and be accountable for financial statements and group reporting requirements.
· Accountability for reporting to Group Reporting and Consolidation team and Central GBS function including analytical reviews and Balance Sheet Assurance.
· Ensure business processes controls are operated effectively.
· Ensure Finance Authorisation rules are effectively applied within the Affiliate.
· Ensure adherence to company policies relating to healthcare compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
· Ensure adherence to company policies relating to Finance Controls and Compliance standards.
· Primary contact point for external auditors in review of quarterly closings, documentation for accounting procedures and accruals.
· Prepare reports and analysis to support tax and statutory filings.
· Coordinate with EMEA tax department to ensure compliance to regulations/ standards around tax related matters.
· Manage transfer pricing / intercompany recharges / Supply price adjustment processes within the Affiliate.
· Maintain supporting evidence of control operation for audit purposes.
· Drive financial close and preparation of accurate financials working closely with Global Business Services (internal /BPO).
· Ensure process for collecting relevant information and generating journal requests and supporting documentation is in place (e.g. Prepayments, Accruals, Reclassification); and ensure this is correctly posted by Finance SSC/ BPO.
· Review and sign-off of various accounts, reconciliations, intercompany recharges and work which is performed by Global Business Service.
· Support business partners on complex transaction accounting (rebates, provisions).
· Responsible for computing or reviewing various provisions.
· Review and approve journal entries and calculations entered by the Assistant Finance Controller/ Accountants.
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
• ACA / or ACCA / or CPA and / or equivalent accounting qualification
• Experience in Pharma industry
• Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
• Solid working knowledge of accounting and internal control standards
• Solid experience with ERP systems
• Experienced communication skills with various management levels
• Solid financial analysis skills
• Experienced organisational and project management skills
• Experienced teamwork and partnering behaviours